Description of the institution
The construction of the Bryansk Church, which currently houses the Dnieper House of Organ and Chamber Music, began in 1913. The First World War was not an obstacle to the construction of the church, and in 28 months the construction was completed. It got its name - "Bryansk" - it was named after the village, and it was built at the expense of the Bryansk Metallurgical Plant and donations from its workers. The church is built in neoclassical style with Baroque elements. Lined with bricks, has a cross shape with four exits located on each side, five domes, a three-tiered bell tower with a clock. The central dome is hemispherical, the ceilings of other rooms are vaulted, and the towers crowned with domes are above the corner chambers of the temple.
In 1988, the Dnipropetrovsk House of Organ and Chamber Music was opened in the church, which still functions successfully to this day. It hosts international organ festivals, concerts of organ and chamber music, the number of visitors reaches 30 thousand listeners a month. The ensemble consists of 70 musicians, 4 orchestras, 4 quartets, ensembles, 2 music lectures.
The building was damaged during the Russian invasion on March 11, 2022. As a result of enemy shelling, shell fragments hit the walls and windows of the building. The amount of UAH 15 million includes the restoration of the building. However, the cost is not final - currently another UAH 25 million is needed for an examination that will determine the full scope of work that must be done to restore the building.
What will the money be used for?
The amount of UAH 50 million includes the complete restoration of the building. We will also spend UAH 2 800 000 from these funds on conducting research and design works that will determine the full scope of work necessary to restore the building.