Manor of Koenig
Description of the institution
Golitsyn's house, the main building of the Koenig estate, was built in 1762 in the neoclassical style with Baroque elements, decorated with sandrikas and pilasters, bas-reliefs in the form of angels and chimeras.
In Soviet times, the former palace housed a kindergarten. Then the building became empty and gradually fell into disrepair. Restoration work was carried out during the years of independence.
The most interesting thing about the building
Oak stairs to the second floor and a dance hall have been preserved in the palace since its construction. It was at the Golitsyn estate in 1864 that the famous composer Peter Tchaikovsky wrote his first symphonic work, the overture "Thunderstorm".
On September 22, 2007, an art gallery was opened. Evenings of classical music, wedding ceremonies, exhibitions of paintings, book presentations and more are constantly held.
Round yard - the main attraction of Trostyanets. It is an oval structure with four towers, combining elements of Gothic and Ukrainian Baroque. The building looks like a fortress - it is believed that it was supposed to be her plan. One of the towers allegedly housed a well, while the other housed food and tar supplies in case of a siege.
The round yard was never used for military purposes. The fortress was adapted for economic needs - in particular, horses were kept there. And in the time of Prince Golitsyn, theatrical and circus performances were held. In the Round Yard there were rooms for "serf ballet dancers" and servants of the owners of the estate.
Retreating from Sumy region, the Russian army set fire to the main building of the estate. Also, as a result of the shelling, the left wing of the estate, where the local history exposition was located, was damaged. Funds were not affected.
What will the money be used for?
The amount of UAH 67 200 000 includes the complete restoration of the building. We will also spend UAH 4 200 000 from these funds on conducting research and design works that will determine the full scope of work necessary to restore the building.
Myru Street, 14, Trostyanets, Sumy region